8 Easy Steps To Improve Your Statement Of Purpose
The Statement of Purpose (SOP) also known as Letter of Motivation (LOM) is the only document that tells your personal story to the admission committee. This carries information about your motivation, interests, ideas, future plans, etc. In many cases, a compelling SOP will easily put you ahead of your peers. Here are few tips from MS in Germany on improving the quality of your SOP.
Check Course Requirements
2. Note down the limit for SOP length e.g. 500 words, 2 pages, 4500 characters etc.
3. Address all subsections of question that university has asked you to answer
Differentiate Your SOP From CV
2. This will help you in contrasting the content of SOP from that of a CV
3. Remember that all your academic details and qualifications are already listed in the CV, you shouldn’t be repeating them in your SOP
Check For Plagiarism
Spelling. Grammar. Punctuation.
Study SOP Samples
2. Note down the points which impressed you the most
3. You can also use free tools like Grammarly and Hemingway editor
Collect Different Perspectives
,br> 2. Get in a close friend of yours and have him look at your writing; not to correct your grammar but to get a different perspective
Rinse And Repeat
2. Complete your day’s work and have a fresh look at your SOP every night
3. Keep editing it for few days. Add insightful features and remove unwanted details until it reaches a satisfactory level