Application Process for Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität (LMU)
The Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität is a public research university located in Munich, Germany. The LMU has recently been conferred the title of "elite university" under the German Universities Excellence Initiative and second-largest university in terms of student population. This article will help you to guide step by step procedure for applying in LMU for master's program.
Application Process for LMU
1. All applicants for a Master’s degree program who have per-sued their Bachelor’s degree outside of the Germany country, first they need to apply for LMU online application form for their respective course/program.
2. Next, submit your completed application form along with required documents to the LMU International Office.
Apply for LMU Online Portal
2. In “Desired Subject of study” write the course/program which you want to apply for, Example: Master’s degree in Chemistry (major): Enter “Chemistry” as your major and tick “Master’s” as your desired degree. Please leave the fields “2nd major or minor”, and “2nd minor” as blank.
3. In “Entry level” need only be completed if you are applying for entry into a higher semester (i.e. above the first semester). In this case, please submit a “credit transfer statement” from the respective examination board with your application.
2. For “School Certificate” Please enter the exact date, the original name of your school-leaving certificate and the country in which it was awarded.
3. For “University Entrance Qualification” please enter the name of the exam, the result and the date the certificate was issued.
4. For “University Preparatory” This section should only be filled out by applicants who attended a university preparatory or foundation course.
5. For “Prior University Study” please indicate your previous degree programme, the duration of the study, and passed or attempted examinations and their respective grades.
6. For “Other Activities” If you completed your education or training some time ago, please enter any other activities you undertook between the completion of your education and the date of application.
2. If you have taken the TestAS, please indicate the results of the core test and subject module as shown on your TestAS certificate.
Other Info. Cont..
2. For “Special Reason for your choice of the university” You may specify why you would like to gain admission to this particular university and degree programme.