The German universities offer their graduate and master programs in two categories: German programs and English programs. International students coming from non-native English speaking countries need to prove their proficiency in the English language while applying for English programs. International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is the commonly accepted English language proficiency test in Germany. However, off late, many of the German universities are accepting students without IELTS provided they prove their English language ability through other modes. In this blog, we will provide you with the relevant details on how to study in Germany without IELTS.
Source : British Council
Some Important Facts about IELTS
Click here for more details on IELTS :
Is IELTS needed for your German Student Visa?
What are the alternatives to IELTS?
Which German universities do not need IELTS?
- Anhalt University of Applied Sciences
- Braunschweig University of Technology (TU Braunschweig)
- Chemnitz University of Technology
- Esslingen University of Applied Sciences (Hochschule Esslingen)
- Flensburg University of Applied Sciences
- Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences
- Free University of Berlin
- Hochschule Stralsund
- Mittweida University
- Nordhausen University of Applied Sciences
- Ruhr University Bochum
- Technische Hochschule Deggendorf
- TH Köln
- The University of Applied Sciences, Ingolstadt
- University of Bayreuth
- University of Bonn
- University of Freiburg
- University of Giessen
- University of Hildesheim
- University of Kaiserslautern
- University of Kassel
- University of Kiel
- University of Koblenz and Landau
- University of Koblenz Landau
- University of Passau
- University of Siegen
- University of Siegen
Click here for links to the best Technical Universities in Germany :
Can one Study in Germany without IELTS ?
You can, of course, study in Germany without IELTS. You can prove your English language proficiency to the universities that accept the students without IELTS through :
- Other Standard English language tests, as explained above.
- By submitting Medium of Instruction (MOI) certificate by your educational institute to establish that the MOI was English in your graduate program.
However, it is strongly advised that you work on your English language skills before going to Europe for your higher studies. Being fluent in English will open many doors in the long-run in terms of job search and career development. Regardless of whether you need to provide proof of your abilities in the form of an IELTS score, if you aspire to do your master’s in Germany, the best thing to do would be to have a good grasp of both English and German.
Click here if you are looking for dependable online sources to learn German :